~ Bishop Desmond Tutu
Our upcoming meeting will be Monday, March 5 at Lynn's home. We will be finishing the Comfort Pillows. We have plenty of fabric, so we just need to finish what we have, so they can be delivered to the hospital. We will have a Potluck Lunch. Come and bring a friend and enjoy a few hours of service, lots of laughter and love.
For our March 5 meeting we will also be collecting items for the Starfish Foster Home in China. In September 2005, Amanda de Lange founded Starfish Children's Services to save children who have special health needs that are the most at-risk in its partner orphanages. This promptly resulted in the establishment of Starfish Foster Home (SCS) to rescue children in need of medical care by working in collaboration with local orphanages. After nursing them back to health through solid nutrition and a loving environment, Starfish Children's Services organizes and pays for the children’s surgeries before providing post-operative care. After the surgeries, the goal shifts to getting these children in the adoption pipeline so that they can join a stable, loving family.
Current Needs for the Starfish Foster Home:
- Preemie Diapers. Make sure they are preemie (not newborn). RaeLee found these at the Springville WalMart for $9.47, but didn't see them at the Payson WalMart.
- Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen drops for infants - Available most anywhere - under $5.
- Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen for ages 2-11. Available most everywhere - under $5.
- Desitin - original, maximum strength, in purple packaging - available most places - about $4.
- Booginhead - PaciGrip Pacifier Holder - Babies R Us - $5.49
- Plastic backed bibs - Walmart - 6/$6.00. Babies R Us - 5/$8.00
- Playtex nipples - Playtex drop[ins, natrualatch latex - K Mart $3.99
- Nuby Squeeze Feeders - Rae Lee couldn't find these, but did find the Munchkin brand at WalMart for $5.44 and Babies R Us, $6.99