"Act as if what you do makes a difference.
We meet once formally each month and work on a service project, and many of us also work on the project throughout the month as well. We also "collect" items each month for a local or international humanitarian organization. We have done many different things in the last three years. Sometimes our service is focused on someone in our own community, sometimes we are doing things for someone on another continent.
We feel great joy in our service and have developed deep and lasting friendships with the lovely ladies that we serve with. In the scope of world wide needs, we have only put a drop in the bucket, but every drop of extra love sent out to the world eventually will be felt by someone, somewhere. Our hope and prayer is that whoever receives our gifts of love will know that they are loved and will feel the love of the Savior in their life.
Thank you, Carolyn, for your inspiration in starting this wonderful group, your insight, your energy and enthusiasm in keeping us going.
"We can do no great things, only small things with great love. "~Mother Teresa
A short overview of most of the things we have accomplished:
- A van load of beans and rice delivered to Rosarita
- Baby Quilt - Humanitarian Center
- School Kits - Afghanistan (4 times)
- T-shirt Dresses, Flip-flops and tee-shirts ~ Village of Hope Foundation
- Crocheted Afghan, Warm Up America Project ~ Food and Care Coalition
- Festival of Trees 3 years running ~ A Decorated Tree, and Gift Items for the Gift Shoppe
- Crafts, Quilts and Holiday Decor ~ Mothers Without Borders, 3 years
- Baby Blankets ~ Mountain Baby Blankets in Appalachia
- Supplies ~ Women and Children's Crisis Center
- Geckos, Bees and Crocheted items for the AF Humanitarian Center
- Dolls and Crocheted Preemie Hats and Booties ~ Humanitarian Center
- Freezer Meals ~ for local families
- Missionary Christmas Stockings ~ 2 years
- Baby Quilt - Primary Children's Medical Center
- Children's Socks ~ Humanitarian Center
- Twin Quilt ~Humanitarian Center
- Grocery and Manufacture Coupons for Servicemen and Families
- Fabric Flowers and Headbands ~ Mothers Without Borders Boutique
- Valentines for patients in local hospital and their Gift Shop
- Collected Flannel fabric Squares for Quilts for High Risk Mothers and Babies
- 552 Mini-cheesecakes, 400 cupcakes and 300 sugar cookies for a friend's daughter's reception
- Comfort Pillows for patients getting treatment at local hospitals
Bake Sale ~ for a friend's hearing aids
- Collection of Baby Clothes and Accessories ~ Teddy Bear Den March of Dimes
- New and Lightly Used Shoes ~ Soles for Souls
- Christmas Stockings for Soldiers ~ 2 years
- Clothing, Games, Toys, Winter Gear ~ Humanitarian Center
- Quilt and Recipes for a friend"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.