“You are not here merely to make a living.
You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply,
with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement.
You are here to enrich the world,
and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.”
- Woodrow Wilson
Our We CAN (Care And Nurture) was held Monday, Feb 3 at Kathy's home. We made Valentine Cards for Assisted Living homes in our community. Eight of us met together and we made over 80 Valentines that will be delivered before Valentines Day to each resident in the home.
|Paula, Kathy, Rae Lee, Geniel, Ardis, Carolyn, Barbara|
Each Valentine is unique and created with love by one of these lovely ladies.
|Carolyn, Barbara, Paula, Kathy, Rae Lee, Geniel and Ardis|
|We also get to enjoy the culinary skills of these remarkable women.|
This month we collected things for aid to families in the Phillipines - following are items that are needed, and they can be used but in good condition. Items are placed in a 20-gallon bin and shipped over to the Phillipines:
- 2 cooking pots; a frying pan, with lids
- Plastic freezer containers (or any sealable food containers)
- Plastic water pitcher with lid
- Chef's knife, a paring knife, a large spoon, a slotted spoon, a pancake turner, a plastic spatula, and a can opener
- Cutting board
- Dish towel, bath towel, a wash cloth, soap, toothpaste, combs, anti-fungal cream, first-aid supplies
- Feminine hygiene kit with washable pads (these are made at the humanitarian center)
- Twin-size sheet and a twin-size tied quilt
- Crank-style flashlight
During the next few months we will be collecting:
- Empty Ink Cartridges (from any printer)
- Greeting card fronts (no writing on the card) - Children at St.Jude's Children's Ranch glue the card fronts to backs to make a complete card. 6"x8" is preferred, but any size will do.