Sunday, January 31, 2016

Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?

Fill The World With Love


In the morning of my life I shall look to the sunrise.
At a moment in my life when the world is new.
And the blessing I shall ask is that God will grant me,
To be brave and strong and true, 
And to fill the world with love my whole life through.



In the noontime of my life I shall look to the sunshine,
At a moment in my life when the sky is blue.
And the blessing I shall ask shall remain unchanging.
To be brave and strong and true,
And to fill the world with love my whole life through



In the evening of my life I shall look to the sunset,
At a moment in my life when the night is due.
And the question I shall ask only I can answer.
Was I brave and strong and true?

Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?
~ from Good-bye Mr Chips, sang by Petula Clark


Our first service meeting for the new year, was held Monday, January 4th at Barbara's home.

Carolyn and Vila working on Princess Crowns 
We made  Activity Grab Bags, Princess Wands and Crowns and began putting together "Surgery Buddy Dolls" for children at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.  
Barbara & Carol putting together Activity Grab Bags
The Activity Grab Bags are used on the childrens' floor at the local hospital to help keep the children occupied and entertained as they are recuperating from illness or surgery.  
Vila cutting out Surgery Buddy Dolls
Some of the Princess Crowns

The Grab Bags contain plain and colored paper, coloring crayons, stickers, an activity book or age appropriate toy.  The  princess wands and crowns are given to the little girls to play with as well.  Surgery dolls are small dolls, dressed in bright colored hospital gowns and the child is able to mark an x on the doll where his or her surgery is going to be.  The child is able to keep the doll and take it home when they go. If you are interested in helping with projects for Utah Valley Medical Center, more information is available at Intermountain Pediatrics Service Projects.

We enjoyed a potluck lunch together and lots of laughter. 

Our February meeting will be held at Carol Goold's home on Monday Feb 4th.  We will be making Necessity bags for homeless women and making Valentines for the local Assisted Living Centers and Retirement Centers.


“Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.” 

No comments: